Anamarie Reyes Kolden’s practice is devoted to civil litigation of property subrogation losses in the areas of products liability, construction defects, and general torts. Anamarie also represents insurers in all aspects of large loss investigation and subrogation throughout the United States.
In over sixteen years’ experience handing property subrogation files, Anamarie has reviewed, handled, or supervised the handling of over 5,000 files on every subrogation scenario imaginable. She uses her broad experience, research skills and creativity to evaluate subrogation potential in all kinds of losses.
Anamarie joined Yost & Baill as a legal assistant in 1995, supporting the auto subrogation practice. After a short time, she transferred to the small property subrogation group as legal assistant to a partner. Anamarie continued her employment with Yost & Baill while she attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where she received her juris doctorate. Upon graduation, Anamarie served as clerk to the Honorable Thomas W. Wexler, Minnesota District Court, 4th Judicial District, assigned to Civil, Criminal, and Family Court. After a couple of years clerking for Judge Wexler, Anamarie rejoined Yost & Baill as an associate attorney.
Anamarie has been a member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) since 2003. In 2004, she became one of the first attorneys to be awarded NASP’s Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional designation, which involved passing a comprehensive examination on a variety of subrogation related topics. Anamarie has assisted in the re-writing of the Certified Subrogation Recovery Specialists (CSRP) guidebook. She has also given a number of presentations at national NASP conferences on topics ranging from small property subrogation to subrogation against governmental entities.
Anamarie has previously served as a mentor in the Big Brothers Big Sisters. She has served as a mentor for Leaders of Today and Tomorrow (LOTT), a leadership training program for college-age and young professional women, and is also serving as a mentor to law school students through the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association.
Anamarie has been happily married to her husband Rich for 26 years. Together, they enjoy traveling, hosting dinner parties, trying new restaurants, and spending time with their friends and family. Anamarie and Rich are longtime season ticket holders of the University of Minnesota Gophers and Minnesota Vikings football teams.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School
- B.A., University of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Courts
- South Dakota State Courts
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Named Rising Star Attorney by Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine, Law & Politics Magazine and Twin Cities Business, 2005 and 2008
- Awarded Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional designation by the National Association of Subrogation Professionals, November 2004
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, South Dakota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Whitemore Fire Consultants, Inc. Annual Seminar – Prior Lake, MN. “Subrogation Strategies”
NASP Webinar, “Separating the Wheat From the Chaff: Subrogating Small Property Claims in a Cost-Effective Manner”
NASP Annual Conference – Orlando, FL. “Small Property Subrogation: Strange Subro – Turn Those Strange Scenarios into Serious Dollars!”
-NASP Annual Conference – San Diego, CA. “Don’t Miss The Boat! Tagging Along in Class Action Litigation With Your Small Property Claims”
-NASP Webinar, “A Picture Is Worth Thousands of Dollars! Using Photographs Effectively and Maximizing Recovery in Small Subro Claims”
-NASP Minnesota Chapter Meeting – Eden Prairie, MN. “A Picture Is Worth Thousands of Dollars! Using Photographs Effectively and Maximizing Recovery in Small Subro Claims”
-NASP Annual Conference – Las Vegas, NV. “A Picture Is Worth Thousands of Dollars! Using Photographs Effectively and Maximizing Recovery in Small Subro Claims”
-Webinar presentation for NASP, “Surviving Small Property Claims”
NASP Annual Conference – Colorado Springs, CO. “Recovering Losses Due to Employee Dishonesty”
NASP Annual Conference – Hollywood, FL. “Turning the Tables on General Liability Coverage Denials Featuring Kids Behaving Badly”
NASP Annual Conference – New Orleans, LA. “Deep Pocket Recoveries Against Local and Federal Governments”
- “Anamarie – thanks so much for all your hard work on [our case] and for the personal delivery of the checks. You really went above and beyond!” -P.D., Subrogation Manager
- “Jeff and Anamarie: Congrats to both of you for a job well done! So happy to have you in “our corner” of the Subro world.” -Ranae, Subrogation Senior Adjuster
- “Anamarie, thank you for all the hard work and hours you put in our case…you did wonderfully! Thanks again, Anamarie – Great job!” -Mark & Ann, construction defect clients
- “Anamarie, thanks for the return reply and detailed overview of the statutes of limitation at issue on this loss…thanks again for your assistance with verifying this information for me.” -Kevin, Senior Customer Claims Representative
- “Anamarie, I appreciate your hard work on [our subrogation claim]!” -Jamie, Subrogation Attorney
- “Anamarie, [you told me] exactly what I needed to know. You are terrific. Thank you so very much.” -Leona, Subrogation Representative